Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday Scoop: My Fave E.L.F. Products


Today's post is all about one of my fave brands of make-up. E.L.F. (Eyes Lips Face Cosmetics) can be purchased at Target or on their website. I have also heard of people finding this line at grocery stores or other random places, but I always just go to Target to get mine.

This line of cosmetics is super affordable - generally most items are around the $1-$6 range. I have not tried everything in this line, and I have definitely tried some things that were crap, but a lot of it is really good stuff! Here are a few of my faves:



The small stippling brush ($3 part of the studio brush collection) is amazing! I love using it for cream blushes. I really like all of the brushes I have tried both in the studio and regular collections. I would also recommend their crease brush and the general eye shadow brush. So affordable and they really do hold up well.



The Studio Collection Warm Bronzer, $3, is an awesome bronzer! You can use it all over your face, you can use it as eye shadow AND you can use the lightest shade as a highlighter. Seriously awesome product for $3. It comes in other shades but I really like this one.



This is probably one of their most popular/most talked about/most reviewed products of all time. This is the Studio Collection Contouring Blush and Bronzer in St. Lucia, $3. This is a dupe for NARS's blush/bronzer duo in Orgasm and Laguna which is around $40 or so (not sure if they still sell it in that color combo or not, but each blush from NARS is around $28 so you are still getting a steal at only $3). This combo from E.L.F. comes in other colors and in a cream formula but this is my fave. The bronzer isn't totally matte, so I don't think I would do a hard core contour with this, but for everyday it's perfect!



I am absolutely in love with this product! It's the lip exfoliator and it also retails for $3. This is so great to exfoliate your lips before doing a bold lip color or to do weekly as a treat! It smells sweet, but not sickly sweet and it doesn't over power you either. Once you wipe it off the smell is gone. I use this after I wash my face and I take the product and rub all over my lips (like you would a lip stick) and rub in little circular motions, then when I am done I take a corner of the wash cloth I used to wash my face and wipe off my lips. Done and done. Then I always follow it up with lip balm.



Okay this might be one of the best products in the collection. It is the E.L.F. essential eyelid primer, $1. And this is awesome. I mean seriously awesome. Its $1 and it really helps keep your shadow on all day. While I wouldn't say it's an exact dupe for Urban Decay's primer potion, its darn close and its $1. Let me say that again, its $1, one measly little dollar. Compare that to $20 or more for the high end brands, and you can get this primer (plus everything else in this blog post) and have a lot of spare change left over.




An honorable mention here is the eye lash curler. Also $1, and it is as good, if not better than the Sephora and Shu Umera ones combined. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

What are your faves from the line?

No comments:

Post a Comment