Thursday, September 6, 2012

Beauty Ban September!!!

So a few weeks ago I was filming a video for my you tube channel about my make-up collection and storage. I don't have a huge collection by any means, but I definitely have more than the average girl I would think (but maybe not, what do you think?).


And as much as I like to try new things and have lots of girly make-up, I also really DON'T like "stuff" and clutter. So I decided that for the month of September I would not purchase any beauty items. Then I cleaned out my closet to haul a bunch of stuff to Plato's closet and thought man I don't need any more clothes and shoes either!



Now let me pause for a second. I have not lost my mind, I was not abducted by aliens and I was not a victim of some freaky accident where my soul was switched with someone else. I just get this way a couple times a year where I have a mass cleaning and organization panic. I like order and I want my stuff to be organized so every now and again it just needs to be cleaned out.

Okay, so my beauty ban has now transformed into a full blown beauty-fashion-fragrance-bodycare-accessories ban for the month of September. If there is some hygiene product I need of course I will buy it, and I do need a hair cut. But I don't need any additional products to try. I have enough stuff that I could just shop my own store so to speak.

So I am six days in and so far so good. Beauty products haven't been hard to resist; I have quite a few things that I am happy with and not really feeling the urge to try anything new. But where I am struggling is with fashion. And specifically shoes. There are a pair of shoes from JustFab that I am obsessing over right now. And they are so pretty. And they would look so pretty on my feet.

But I am trying to stay strong. I am determined to do this and I know I can make it happen.

I will throw out a disclaimer and say that I am still receiving my MyGlam subscription this month so I will get beauty products there. And as a mark rep I will be purchasing (and I did earn some too!) some of the new fashion and beauty items for my business. BUT I am not getting anything else...I swear...really, I promise...well I'm trying at least...

No comments:

Post a Comment