Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Stuff I'm Loving: Hair Products!


I don't know about you guys, but when summer hits, my hair routine gets lazy. Maybe it's because it's so humid and hot in the bathroom that doing my hair results in a sweat sesh of epic workout proportions. Maybe it's because I can actually let my hair air dry without real risk of hypothermia. Whatever the reason, I avoid heat styling in the summer unless I really, really, like really have to.

Assisting me in my summer hair laziness are three stand out products that I thought you should know about.


Dry shampoo. Obviously you can use this all year long, but in summer this is really a go-to for me. I prefer to only wash my hair 2-3 times a week now that it's longer. I don't have crazy oily hair so I can usually go a couple of days before I even need this. There are lots of dry shampoos out there that offer a variety of benefits and features, but my fave is this one by Batiste. You can find this at Walgreens and Ulta for sure, and they have several versions but I like the one for dark hair as it doesn't cast as much of a white shadow in my hair. I typically spray this on the roots around my face and behind my ears let it set in and then rub my roots to make sure the product is fully absorbed and that I get some volume. Then I style it as I see fit (i.e., a bun or pony tail) and move on with my life. Fun fact: curls last better on dirty hair BUT you can spritz some dry shampoo at the roots of freshly washed hair and create some added texture that will hold a better curl. Also, I like the mild scent of this, some dry shampoos are crazy scented and it overpowers everything in my line of smell.



This is a new-ish product out there and I happened to pass by it at Target a month or two ago. This is a shine and anti-frizz spray. It says it lasts for 24 hours and I agree that it does (I am excluding the tropical like humidity we had at the beginning of this week as the only thing that will keep frizz away during days like that is a hat.) I spray this on my hair after I blow dry it OR once it's dry and it gives my hair a nice shine and reduces the frizz BUT what I really like about it is that it makes my hair soft. Like silky, shiny soft and fluffy.


Finally I have a new hair oil that I am loving. This is the new Garnier Frucits Marvelous Hair Oil. There are a couple versions of this and I chose the deep nourish version. I am still one hundred percent a Moroccan Oil lover BUT it's a tad on the spendy side and my bottle is (gasp!) almost empty. So I picked this up to see how it would work and I am pretty happy to report that it's kinda awesome. It's not an overpowering scent (it doesn't smell like heaven which is what the Moroccan Oil smells like) and the pump keeps trigger happy fingers like mine from over-dispensing product. I apply this to wet hair after I get out of the shower; I comb through my hair first and then apply this to the roots and then comb through it to distribute the product through my hair. This also adds shine and helps with the frizz and helps repair damage as well as acts as a heat protectant should you choose that route.

2 comments:

  1. I hate doing anything with my hair in the summer... so instead, it air dries. And gets fluffy when the humidity goes up!! Ponytails to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should try to make the fluffy look a trend!? Ha!

      Delete