Sunday, February 5, 2012

January Favorites

Happy February Beauties!

I had hoped to have this post finished on Jan 31st, but this past week has been sooooooooo...busy!

We were fostering a rottweiler puppy for the week, and all my attention was on him and of course my two dogs.

(not sure why I can't get this to rotate - so I apologize!)

Anyway, as January has ended I wanted to share some of my favorite things from the month, so let's get started:

1. Revlon Lip Butters (Peach Parfait and Red Velvet)

This is an amazing product; it's part lip balm and part lip stick. It's moisturizing and gives a great wash of color. These two shades are the only two I have tried but I definitely would like to pick up a couple more. Peach Parfait is a very neutral lip shade, and on me it's pretty much the same exact color as my lips, but better. Red Velvet is a GORGEOUS shade of red, and I have gotten several compliments on it! I think I have finally found my red lipstick! Too bad they don't taste like the names they have :( But there really isn't a flavor or a smell to these which is great because ultimately I don't want to eat them, I want to wear them, hehe.

2. Target Tights

Bored with your wardrobe? Meet your new BFF!! Tights are a GREAT way to update your wardrobe in the winter, and spring too! These tights are on an end cap by the socks at Target. They are $5 per pair and they come in a wide variety from basic neutrals (brown and black) to wild and crazy (red, yellow, army green, and "smurf blue"). So much fun and so cheap! They also have a foot-less version so beware when you are shopping that you get the right ones for what you want! Target used to have them with prints on them too, but I haven't seen those in awhile.

3. Olay Body Ribbons Body Wash

I have used this product on and off since it came out (around 2005 or so maybe). Olay has a few different smells/varieties, but I love the pink one. It has almond oil in it and it smells amazing! It's so creamy and is super moisturizing. Some days I don't even wear perfume because I am so in love with the smell of this that I don't want to cover it up!

4. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

This product was recommended to me on Facebook when I had a post about favorite hair products. I freakin love this! First of all let me tell you it's super cheap (like $5 ish) and it seriously is a miracle worker on your hair. I wouldn't use it everyday, more like once a week; but if you flat iron, blow dry, or use other heat styling tools this is a great way to replenish the moisture in your hair and it smells yummy! It says to leave it in for 3 minutes (hence the name) so I put it in, scrub up and shave, etc. then rinse and it's about 3 minutes. So great.

5. Sassy mark. Fragrance (fragrance spray and dry oil mist)

This is my all time, hands down, FAVORITE mark. fragrance. It was the first one I tried and I just adore it. I am not going to try to describe the scent to you, other than it smells clean and when you smell it you want to snuggle in and smell some more. I love using the dry oil mist after I put lotion on when I get out of the shower. Then I use the actual fragrance spray on my wrists and back of my neck. Yum! (if you are interested in smelling this I have tons of samples or you can go here and read the description).

6. mark. Just Pinched (Cheeky and Peachy)

So I've had these for awhile but I just kind of rediscovered them at the beginning of the month. I love cheeky (gorgeous pink) and Peachy (gorgeous peach - duh!) for me. I am sooooooo friggin pale (think Bella Cullen, then go two shades lighter and there's me) and these are a great way to brighten up. I will tell you that if you have oily skin these probably aren't the best choice for you as they are a cream blush and will melt off. For those with normal to dry skin these are great. Another little trick - use with LIQUID foundation for better results. And they are a little bright, but I swipe them right on the apples of my cheeks and use my fingers to blend - gorgeous!

7. mar. Touch and Glow Shimmer Cubes

So as you can see these are definitely a favorite of mine. LOL, those cubes are almost flat! I use a blush brush to swirl all over the cubes and apply these like blush. I use this most days and I like the dewy blush they add to my otherwise pale complexion. I also like to use my finger tips to apply these as eyeshadows too! Such a great multi tasking product. It also won a CEW award last year (check it out here)

8. Lip Smacker Dr. Pepper Lip Balm

Alright, so I am not a fan (at all) of Dr. Pepper the soda. BUT after reading hundreds of articles about how this is like a cult favorite, I caved and spent the $1.50 at Target. And O.M.G. best $1.50 E-V-E-R!!!! This does smell like a can of Dr. Pepper but mostly it smells like cherries, it does have somewhat of a flavor if you lick your lips, but it's all good. I also love that it gives your lips a hint of color too. And it's super moisturizing! So much fun and a great beauty pick-me-up for only $1.50.

What are some of your January faves?? Have you tried any of these products yet? Comment below I love to read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment