Sunday, May 4, 2014

May Fitness Post


I have never been a fan of going to the gym or having a gym membership. It just seems to require too much commitment/dedication and sets expectations too high for me. I just can't commit to going somewhere every day at a specific time (besides work), because I just don't know if I'll feel like it. Ya know? 

So in order to get my fitness routine in, I am a huge fan of at-home workouts. I LOVE the workout routines in magazines that you can rip out and keep handy. And I LOVE workout DVDs.

Above are two of my faves! The first one is the Quick Fix Total Mix DVD and I bought this about 14 years ago. Yeah, I'm loyal like that. And what I love about this DVD is the fact that you can customize the workouts. There are three workouts for abs, buns and arms & legs. Each workout is 10 minutes long, you can do the set of three for each targeted area and go through the whole thing or you can pick one from each (my fave choice) or just do one. I love this because it doesn't get boring, I can create a workout based on my needs and time each time I do this. I bought this at Target originally but have seen this on Amazon recently too. When I was at my peak of fitness I did the abs, and arms & legs combo 5 days a week. 

The second DVD is one that I purchased as a set on QVC about 7 years ago. It was part of a Winsor Pilates special that came with like 5 DVDs and a workbook or something. This is my fave of that set and its a 20 minute Pilates workout that I can do without sweating (or not too much anyway) so I can do this and shower but not wash my hair AND not feel gross about it afterward. 
It really works your whole body and you can totally feel it the next day. I love that you can also start to see results within a week or two. I'm not a patient person.

Both of these DVDs are great for anyone in the beginner to intermediate groups as you can customize the workout and work up to the harder stuff. 

What's your fave workout? 

No comments:

Post a Comment