Friday, May 2, 2014

May - Let's Get Healthy Together!

Hello lovely reader! I cannot believe that we are already in the fifth month of the year! Maybe that's because I'm busy, or maybe it's because its frickin May and we are still experiencing winter weather in Minnesota.

It's been raining for 5 days mom. WTF?

I have been off for the last week and I have had a lot of time to myself to relax and re-charge. And one of the things I noticed is that in the last week I have worked out every day and been eating a little better (not tons) and have reduced myself to one cup of coffee in the morning. And all of this got me thinking, when I have the time, I really do enjoy working out, and when I eat healthier, I feel better. Which brought me to the theme for my May blogs: Let's Get Healthy Together!

This month I want to focus on getting healthy. Mentally and physically. This is NOT going to be a diet blog, nor will it be about weight loss. I want to try to eat healthier snacks AND meals, and I want to try and be more active. I know many of you are in the same boat as me, you commute to work (sitting) you work in an office for 8+ hours a day (mostly sitting) and then you commute back home (more sitting) and besides light household activity, you watch TV (and even more sitting). And I am sure we all know that being sedentary is not good for your body. I also know that with all the daily grind activities we tend to lose sight sometimes of who we are, what we want and what we need to maintain general happiness.

I am not a health professional nor am I a mental health professional. But I know what works for me and I wanted to share it with you and hope that you will feel inclined to share with me via the comments.

Over the next month I will be posting about:

  • de-stressing tips
  • Short, but effective workouts for the beginner to intermediate level person
  • healthy "habits" including how I (try) re-train my brain when I have negative thoughts about my body and the food I feed it
  • recipes and snacks
  • And some fashion and beauty posts in the mix as well.
I am really excited about this idea, so I hope you are too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment