Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lime Crime Haul and Mini Review


Wow, long time no blog huh?!? There's no excuse for it really. I dropped the ball during Fall Fashion Week, and am just now picking it back up again. I hope you stuck around and I hope the newbies enjoy!

So for my first blog in 100 years, I am sharing a mini haul I purchased from Lime Crime. For those of you who haven't heard, Lime Crime is a make-up brand based out of California, (you can check out their site here). And they are amazing. The packaging is purple and it has a unicorn on it. DO I even need to go further? I mean seriously look at the friggin purple box for crying out loud! It's amazing.

I first heard about Lime Crime on Nicole Guerriero's YouTube channel which you should totally check out because she is amazing and gorgeous and hilarious. So I went to the Lime Crime website to check them out and was supes impressed.

They are known for their eye primer, called Shadow Helper. And their super opaque lipsticks, that come in a variety of amaze-balls colors.

A couple of weeks ago I got my tax return and decided to save some of it, pay some bills and treat myself to a couple of fun things. So I went right on over to the Lime Crime site and ordered two products. The box above is what came in the mail, and I received it within three days of ordering (which in my experience, is super-de-duper fast!).

So here's what was in the box:


I decided to get the Shadow Helper, since that was their #1 guy, and I needed some new primer anyway. I haven't tried it yet because it came after I did my make up for the day. BUT I will do an update and let you know :-) Have you tried it? I'd love to hear your thoughts!


I also ordered one of their lipsticks in Glamour 101. And um guys, this color has changed my life. For real, in one afternoon this tiny tube of awesomeness has change my life. It is gorgeous! And it smells like vanilla, and I feel like Marilyn Monroe when I wear it. Here's a swatch:


It's pretty true to the color in the tube, which is why their lipstick is so awesome. It's a dark, brick red color that I feel would be pretty flattering on both warm and cool skin tones. And I am paler than death and it still looks good on me! This color reminds me a lot of the Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet but better.

So that's it. Whew! First blog back done! I hope you enjoyed this and know that I am posting another one tomorrow ;-) And I hope to have myself on a three days a week blogging schedule. If I don't, let me know haha!

Here is pricing and other info:

Glamour 101 Lipstick $15.99 (Vegan and Cruelty Free!!!)
Shadow Helper $16.99 (0.35 oz, also VEGAN and cruelty free!)

They also have Zodiac Glitter, which I am dying to try! If you've tried any Lime Crime products, let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment