Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Clarisonic - Life Changing Skin Care


This simple little tool has changed my life. And mostly I mean my face. If you have never seen one of these before, allow me to introduce you. Blog reader, meet the Clarisonic Mia. She is amazing and powerful and has made my skin more incredible than it ever has been.

I had been wanting one of these little babies for some time, and had done quite a bit of research about it. Then, about two weeks or so ago I went in for a facial and asked the lady there a crap ton of questions about it. I have heard they are amazing and I have heard that the Clarisonics are bad for your skin, so I wanted her expert opinion. And she told me a million zillion different reasons why I should have one and broke down all the different models for me.

So after additional research and based on the advice of the woman at the spa I settled on the Mia. It only has one speed and I was able to score a pretty sweet deal on Amazon. Normally these run $120 and up, but I found mine for under $100.


It comes with a sensitive brush head and a charger. The clear plastic thing is the cover for the brush head so it doesn't get all smooshed up in your bathroom. The charger is like a magnet that suctions on to the base of the handle and you do have to charge it for 24 hours before you use it the first time.


I use it with my normal cleanser, which BTW, is awesome. And because the Clarisonic cleans my face 6 times more than regular washing alone, sometimes the brush head looks like this:


It kind of has a brownish pink stain to it, and that is all of my foundation, bronzer and blush. Yick! You are supposed to wash the brush head once a week with warm soapy water and let it sit so that the brush head stays nice. And you can order additional brush heads on the Clarisonic website or on Amazon.

So what has this done for my skin? Well it has made my skin much more smooth, shrunk my pores a little bit, and has started to get rid of the gross and disgusting milia (which are calcium deposits that look like white heads but are not). It has also noticeably changed the way moisturizers and make up absorb on my face and as a result I use less foundation.

I also really look forward to washing my face every night! You push the gray button and the brush works it's magic for 60 seconds. Spend 20 seconds on the forehead, and 10 seconds on each cheek, your nose and chin. Then after 60 seconds the Clarisonic shuts off and you rinse off the brush and rinse your face. And then you can hear angels sing and the clouds part and you revel in the awesomeness of the Clarisonic Mia.

There are several other models and colors available. You can check them out here.

Do you have a Clarisonic? Do you want one? I would love to hear your personal stories and comments down below.

Also for those wondering, I have super dry skin. I use creams on my face for day and night and usually have to add more to a couple of spots, but the Clarisonic has helped with that a lot and has gotten rid of some dry patches I had. Also I am over 30 so being proactive about anti-aging and preventing wrinkles is VIP to me.

4 comments:

  1. I bought the Mia 2 last month and I love it so much!!!

    Please check out and follow my blog! I'd really appreciate it! <3
    http://seasidebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Love your blog and followed it :-)

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting one for awhile, but didn't know if it was worth the price. Reviews like yours help me with my decision!

    www.ameliorerlavie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try really hard to do a lot of research before making bigger purchases and read a lot of reviews. BUT I also recommending always checking the return policy just in case. I'm glad I could help! If you decide to buy one I would love to hear how you like it and which one you went with. Love you blog too! And followed it too <3

      Delete