Monday, April 7, 2014

Beauty Cheapie: The travel aisle.


Shh! I have a secret to tell you. If you are looking for a cheap way to try out new hair care and bath and body items, check the travel section of your local drug store. You would be shocked at what they carry travel sizes of and it's a great way to try out a new hair or body care (and even skin care) product without major commitment.

Jergens has recently come out with a new BB Body line of body lotions. There are two versions, one for lighter tone skin and one for medium to deep skin tones. The full size version of this is $11.99 at Target and, for me, that's a big investment for a body lotion. This lotion promises to tone, firm, and correct your body just like a BB cream does for your face.

So as I was browsing around Target I came across these travel sized versions for $3 a piece. I picked up both tones as I was curious if that really made a difference. Plus I was watching one of my fave YouTubers, Melissa Raymond (a.k.a. melmphs) talk about this in a favorites video. If you have never seen her videos, you totally should. She's adorable and I just love her style! She said to get the medium to dark tone version as it would make your skin look more luminous. I haven't tried that one yet (but I will be on Tuesday), but I can tell you that the lighter skin tone one is not that special. I haven't used it more than twice and I believe it says you have to use it for like a month or something to see a difference. But when I put it on, it's no different than my other Jergens lotion. EXCEPT. The smell. Holy Moses. It's like Grandma perfume mixed with a cart of flowers. It's really strong. It's not terrible. But it's strong. Thankfully, the smell does fade, and it does not compete with your perfume or other smelly stuff you might put on. But, whew! it's intense.

Anyway, if you are looking to check out more body, skin care or hair care items, check out the travel section at your local drug store! You can try before spending a ton of money and usually by the time the travel size runs out you really have a sense of whether or not you like it and want to buy the full size.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's a really strong fragrance, huh? I received this as one of the extras in my birchbox and that's the first thing that hit me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really overpowering at first! I am glad I bought the small ones as I def won't be buying the full size.

    ReplyDelete