Sunday, April 13, 2014

Liebster Award

I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Celeste (NOT Chelsea!) from Leap Frog and Lipgloss.  A Liebster is an award for up and coming bloggers with less than 500 followers that someone believes deserves recognition.  I've been blogging for about 3 years, but only seriously in the last year. Thanks Celeste, I am psyched that you (and anyone else) read my blog and thought of me! 




Here are the Rules
If you’re nominated for the award you must:
  • Make a post about the award, thanking the blogger that nominated you.
  • State 11 interesting facts about yourself
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger that nominated you
  • Nominate 11 new bloggers with 500 or less followers
  • Write 11 new questions for your nominees
So without further ado, here are 11 facts about me:
1. I have a borderline certifiable obsession with making sure all the light switches in the house are turned the right way (down if they're off, up if they're on). I actually cannot relax if I know that they are wrong. I can't even tell you how stressful the light switch aisle at the hardware store is. 
2. I would love to live on a ranch in the mountains.
3. My dream job would be a make-up artist. 
4. I paint my nails, at minimum, two times a week.
5. I hate peaches and anything peach flavored/scented.
6. I held a tarantula at the Minnesota State Fair.
7. I love bacon, but I think pork chops are inappropriate and will not eat them.
8. I had the world's biggest crush on Jason Priestley when he was on 90210. And even felt like it was surely meant to be because his family was from Minnesota. MY FAMILY WAS FROM MINNESOTA. Oh Brandon.
9. I would rather pick up dog poop with my bare hands than remove a tick from myself, my dogs or anyone else. ICK.
10. If I could only have one food for dinner for the rest of my life it would be baked potatoes. With bacon bits, pepper and butter.
11. I hold my breath every time I cross a bridge or drive by a cemetery. Not sure why on the bridge part, but the cemetery breath holding prevents breathing in any bad spirits. It's okay if you judged me a little bit right there.

Questions from Celeste:
1) Why do you blog? Because it gives me a creative outlet to write (which I love) about the things that I am interested in. It has introduced me to some amazing ideas, experiences and people.
2) What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten? Um....I'm pretty boring and like to play it safe when it comes to food. When I was a kid (10ish or so) I LOVED eating cold hot dogs right from the pack. That's probably the weirdest for me. FYI, I don't do that anymore.
3) Who is your celebrity doppelganger? (Will you post a pic of yourself so we can see the resemblance?) I have been told that I look like Kirstie Alley about 3 gah-zillion times. It started in 3rd grade and I have been told that as recently as a month ago. Below is a photo of me from high school and a 90's shot of Kirstie.



4) What is one of your major pet-peeves? People who drive without using their turn signals. When did this become optional?!?
5) You’re only allowed to wear one type of cosmetic for the rest of your life.  What do you choose? Mascara. As I assume that lip balm and sunscreen are skin care and not cosmetic.
6) Are you a cat or dog person? DOG! I have two rotties.
7) Do you prefer reading on a tablet or holding an actual copy of the book? Holding the book, tho I do have a Kindle Fire.
8) What is your favorite post you’ve ever written? How not to look like total $#!% when you are sick.

9) How did you pick your blog’s name? When I was starting my blog I was making a list of posts and topics I wanted to write about and the overwhelming themes were relationships, real life and make-up. So I played around with it until I came up with Love, Life and Lipgloss.


10) Where is the worst place you could get stuck? On a boat. In the ocean. I have a serious fear of whales.
11) Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give to your 13-year old self? Shower. Everyday. Wear a bra. And don't worry at all about the other little jerks who pick on you. It's gonna be alright.

★ 11 Bloggers Nominated ★
Some of you may have more than 500 readers, and that's okay play along anyway! And if you don't want to play that's fine too. Be lame. It's cool. 
Your questions:
1. Do you believe in ghosts?
2. Where do you go or what activity do you do to recharge?
3. What is your most favorite food in the whole world?
4. If you could only listen to one band or artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?
5. What is your favorite 90's movie?  And give me your favorite quote from that movie.
6. What is your current career?
7. Heels or flats?
8. Beer, wine or hard liquor?
9. Is your current hair color your natural color?
10. What is your super power (you could already have one, or you could want one)?
11. If you could go anywhere in the world, right now, where would you go?

Can't wait to see your answers! 

3 comments:

  1. Wow... holy luscious and curly hair! Is your hair naturally curly? I am so used to you with straight or your cute short haircut.

    This was fun to read... I'm glad you participated. Oh! And thank you for not calling me Chelsea ;) haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! No that curly hair is the result of a perm. I do have naturally wavy hair, but not like that.

    Thanks for tagging me, that was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally saw this when you first posted it... but I haven't done it yet!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH for nominating me... I'll get to it this weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete