Sunday, April 6, 2014

Brand Highlight: Urban Decay (It's kinda my addiction)



Hi. My name is Melissa and I am an Urban Decay Addict. It may not look like it. I don't own everything they produce. But since the brand launched I have been OBSESSED with Urban Decay Cosmetics. The colors. The names. The packaging. The first product I ever owned from this line was a lipstick in the shade Bruise. It was awesome. And I was hooked.

Over the years I have purchased more lipsticks, nail polishes and some of their single eye shadows. And now I have several of their palettes and one of their new Revolution Lipsticks in Gash (which incidentally is the EXACT lip color Gwen Stefani wears in the "Don't Speak" video). So today I thought I would share my (small) collection and give a brief review of the products.


Above are the Naked Palettes. From top to bottom they are Naked 3, Naked 2, Naked and Naked Basics. Naked and Naked 2 are a warm and cool palette of neutral colors you can use to create a basic eye look and a very dramatic eye look. Naked 3 is the newest in the Naked line and is a collection of rosy hues. I was a little worried about looking ill by putting rose/pink shadow on my eyes but when done correctly can be very flattering. The Naked Basics is probably the most versatile of all the palettes I own (Urban Decay or otherwise) as it can be used as shadow, cheekbone highlighter and contour and to fill in your brows. It's small enough to go everywhere and has a huge mirror for such a tiny compact. 


Above are the Electric, Smoked and Oz palettes. The Electric palette is the newest from Urban Decay and features 10 EXTREMELY INTENSE pigments. Those shadows are as dramatic on your skin as they are in that palette. I am PSYCHED to use this palette in conjunction with the Naked palettes to create a more wearable look for everyday. I am in love with Thrash, Freak, Urban and Fringe. I would love to figure out how to use Slowburn (bright orange) in a look too.

Next to that is the Smoked palette, which if I had to pick, is probably my fave palette of the bunch. It travels well, there are matte and shimmer shades. Basic neutrals and bright green, blue and purple to make your look a little more funky. I love this for going out. A green smoky eye is my fave look to do from this palette.

And the two palettes on the bottom are limited edition releases that came out last year with the new Oz movie. The one on the left is the Glinda palette which has lighter, and more shimmery shades. And the one on the right is the Theodora palette which features darker more smoky shades.



Pictured above is the limited edition release Revolution Lipstick in Gash. Urban Decay has a full line of Revolution lippies but Gash is being brought back for a limited time only, so if you want it, go get it. As I mentioned its the same color Gwen Stefani wore in the "Don't Speak" video (Oh how I love her, seriously she is one of my fashion, beauty and life icons.) I also have a random lip liner in Wicked. This is more of a pink/neutral liner on my lips and I use it to fill in my lips and put a clear gloss over and get a pretty, natural look with it.

Do you love Urban Decay? What are your faves from them?

No comments:

Post a Comment