Wednesday, April 2, 2014

New Go-To Foundation: Neutrogena Healthy Skin


I have some big news!! I have a new go-to foundation. This is big. Seriously big. I have been a die-hard Revlon Color Stay Foundation user since 1995. I have used other foundations along the way (CoverGirl, Maybelline and others) but Revlon has always been my go-to. Until a couple of weeks ago.

I've been kind of looking for a new foundation for awhile, I'm not unhappy with the Revlon Color Stay, but just wanted something different. I tried E.L.F., Maybelline, L'Oreal, a couple of Rimmel and CoverGirl ones, but nothing really blew my mind and I returned all of them (except for the CoverGirl Stay Fabulous/Outlast one, that's some awesome stuff too!). Side Note: L'Oreal True Match Lumi broke me out like no other. Seriously not impressed and I know everyone and their mamma loves that one, but not me (and not my mamma either).

I had always over-looked Neutrogena as I feel like they are expensive and just not really something I considered. BUT I had a coupon and a Cartwheel for Target and had seen several commercials, ads and reviews on the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation (all part of the 14 touches, lol if we work together, you will get that). So I decided to take the plunge and try the foundation. It's $11.99 at the store (Target, Walmart, drug store) and with the coupons I had, I was able to score it for $8.99. FYI the Cartwheel is still out there if you want to take advantage of 10% off.



The color I chose is Classic Ivory, which I believe is the lightest shade. The formula has SPF and antioxidants in it which is supposed to actually make your skin better in four weeks. I can say that my skin does look better but it hasn't been 4 weeks and it doesn't look that drastically different, just better. The foundation itself is easy to blend (I use a Sigma foundation brush) and doesn't smell. It's a natural to sort-of-dewy-but-not-really finish. I don't set it with powder but that's because I have dry skin and don't want to enhance that. It lasts all day (my day starts at 4AM and ends at around 4PM, give or take) but if you had oiler skin, you might want a primer. I just like the fresh look I get with this and the coverage is medium, but you could build it up to full.

The only bummer for me on this particular line is the color selection is minimal. So if you are super fair or super dark you may not find a match. Also, the lighter shades seem to be very "pink" but once blended in that goes away, but just an FYI.

Overall, I love this and have used it daily since I bought it. I will still use my Revlon ColorStay (especially in summer or on extra long days, special events) but this is an awesome day-to-day foundation and I highly recommend it. I will definitely re-purchase when this runs out.

Have you tried this? What about any other Neutrogena cosmetics? Anything you think I should try or avoid? Tell me in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know! I've been trying to find a good foundation, also. I've been using a BB cream for the past few months, and I really like the Pond's one I have. But sometimes a girl needs MORE coverage!

    ReplyDelete