Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Weekly Random - Coconut Oil, Shave Cream, Chickens and more!


Hello lovelies! It's time for another weekly random post! It's been a busy couple of weeks, I can't believe I am staring fall in the face again already. Where did the summer go?!

We went to the cabin for the day with some great friends and got some sun and relaxation in. The pups were very excited for a pontoon ride, and Diesel even went for a tube ride with me.


I have several random bullet points below, but before we get super random I wanted to spotlight a couple of standout products.

Coconut Oil - It seems everyone and their mama has hopped on the coconut oil train lately. Of course I have been curious about this too as it seems you can basically replace half the crap in your house with this stuff and it will work miracles not seem since biblical times. I have used it now several times on my hair and am impressed with how soft it makes my hair feel. But unimpressed that it doesn't make my hair smell like coconuts after. Oh well. It also works great to remove eye make-up.

Barbasol Shave Cream - Now this is the shit. My auntie found something on Pinterest that said you can use this shave cream to remove spots in your carpet. All you need to do is dampen the area with warm water, then coat in shave cream (a thin layer, but I do press it in to the spot) and leave it sit for roughly 5 minutes. Then scrub out the spot, and BAM, magically clean carpet. I wish I had some before and after pics of this but I was so impressed that I went on a carpet cleaning bender and only thought about before and after photos as I was lying on the couch in a clean carpet euphoria. I picked up this can above from Target for $1.67 and will be purchasing more. The stains I removed were urine stains and it also helped to get out some of that lingering smell.

Random side notes:


  • We are finally getting 14 eggs a day, but...
  • An asshole came speeding down our street today and hit one of our chickens head on and killed it. Blood and feathers everywhere. There is no way this piece of shit didn't see/hear/feel that impact. Not to mention there were about 3-4 other chickens in the road at the time. And in true piece-of-shit fashion this asshole kept driving. I am really bummed. 
  • I am still managing 4 workouts a week, I am pretty impressed with this continued commitment.
  • I really hate seafood. The smell of it. The look of it. Everything about it makes me gag
  • I'm off to Atlanta for work this week and I am nervous about fitting everything I need into a carry-on. Someone this into beauty products cannot be confined to one small baggie for all her liquid beauty needs. It's unfair.
  • I forgot how much I love the movie Clerks 2. And all of those movies; Mallrats, Dogma, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, such great movies.
That's it for this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment