Friday, August 15, 2014

Travel Beauty



Hello lovelies! I have been doing quite a bit of travel for my job this year and I thought it would be fun to do a little "What's in my travel beauty bag?" post for you. This post will be solely about make-up, if you would like a hair or skincare travel post, please let me know in the comments below.

Regardless of whether I am traveling for work or play (the exception being the cabin, I bring nothing in terms of makeup there), I always like to bring some options when it comes to my make-up routine. I take in to consideration what I will be doing while I am away (is it a conference? will there be a formal dinner or other dress-up type event while I am there? will I be outside in the heat or cold a lot?) in order to plan out what I bring.

For the items pictured above I was attending a one day expo that had a red-carpet, movie theme to the event. SO I upped the glam factor a bit. But in this photo you can also see some of my essentials. We'll break those down first and then go into the glam add-ons.

Essentials:

Lorac Pro to Go Palette - Regardless of whether you are traveling or not, this is a great palette! It comes with 6 shadows, 1 bronzer and 2 blushes. All the colors are neutral but can be used to create a wide variety of looks. You can also use some of the lighter shadows to highlight your face and for some the shadows may even work to fill in your brows. This palette folds up into a sleek compact that can fit into the smallest of bags.

Foundation/Concealer - Above is my new foundation love from Maybelline and a concealer for under my eyes. Jet lag is not fun and neither are bags under your eyes. Conceal that mess. I also brought this great Sonia Kashuk concealer palette just in case I have anything else on my face to conceal (zits, redness, etc). This is a great product because there are three different shades in there along with a setting powder.

Eye Primer - Always a must whether I travel or not, and this one from Lime Crime is awesome!

Eye Liner/Mascara - Again I always use these everyday and right now I am still loving my Voluminous mascara from L'Oreal and my Maybelline Line Stilleto liquid eyeliner.

Eye brow mousse - This is a quick and mostly mess-free way to define my brows. They really do shape your face, I recommend doing this on the daily. Even if you just do brows, mascara, tinted lip balm and a tinted moisturizer. Try it.

Lips - Most days I'm a sheer gloss or Baby Lips kind of girl so I bring those in my purse. But for travel I will bring a couple of options for various looks.

Glam Add-Ons:

False Eye Lashes - For this particular trip, I was going for full on old meets new Hollywood glam so I lashes were a must.

Single shadows - Since the palette I brought only has neutrals, I thought these might be a fun add-on in case I decided to go with a more dramatic eye look. These single shadows from Milani are affordable (from CVS) and such amaze-balls quality. The emerald shade with the gold is STUNNING.

Multiple Red Lip Options - Nothing says Hollywood Glam like a red lip. I used to be terrified of red lips and then they grew on me. Anytime I want an easy glam look or I want to feel a little more badass and powerful, I do a red lip. I brought several options on this trip (lip crayon, lip balm, lipstick and gloss) to create a red lip that would last through the expo and still look good after 4 hours of networking.

I also bring a full array of brushes, which I could do a separate post if you are interested??

What do you bring in your travel bag?

1 comment:

  1. I want to see the red lips!!! Great ideas for building off the basics! And yes, post about skincare!!

    ReplyDelete