Sunday, August 3, 2014

Spray Lotion...is it worth the hype?


Today's review is being brought to you by request from my friend/co-worker Erin. Close to two months ago I asked on Facebook what you guys wanted to see reviews on and Erin recommended one of the new and really hyped up spray lotions. St. Ives and Vaseline make them now and there might be others I'm just not aware of. Honestly I was pretty curious about these as well so I was more than happy to try one.

Overall this is a good product. I have used this quite a bit now and the nozzle hasn't plugged and I have gotten a continuous even spray each time I've used it. It took me two weeks to get used to putting lotion on via spray bottle and the most amusing this about this is that when you spray it, there is a high pitched whistle that drives my dogs C-R-A-Z-Y. The whine in front of the bathroom door every. time.

Pros: it really moisturizes! and it lasts! It doesn't smell, and a few quick sprays provide plenty of moisturization.

Cons: it's expensive. For roughly $6.50 you only get 6.5 ounces, where as my fave Suave lotion is $4 for 32 ounces. If you don't spray it directly on your body/are trying to reach a smaller part of your body, like your arm or ankle, it gets all over the cabinets, walls, towels, dog, etc.

Bottom Line: While I feel this could be a good thing to bring to the beach or camping or on a road trip (you'd have to check it on a plane) I'm not sure I will be re-purchasing. It's expensive for a little bit of product.

Final thoughts: If you are someone who suffers from dry skin or tend to get dry/ashy throughout the day, this might be a good thing toss in your bag to re-hydrate your skin.

Thanks Erin for the suggestion! If you guys have any other products you want me to try out, leave them in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment