Thursday, June 9, 2011

Spotlight On: Fair Trade Products

Meet my new obsession: mark.'s Fair Trade products. All of them. Seriously, this is kind of an unexpected obsession for me. I normally get hooked on the traditional beauty products like lip gloss, mascara or nail polish (and believe me I am hooked on plenty of those!). But these products have really blown me away! They range in price from $10 - $14. 

To quote the mark. site "By choosing this Fair Trade Certified product, you are directly supporting a better life for farming families through fair prices, direct trade, community development, and environmental stewardship. www.fairtradecertified.org"

So let's check out some of the awesome products:

Change is Gonna Come Cleansing Body Exfoliator 
This is something you can use everyday in the shower with a loofah. It is gentle, yet effective and really smooths out dry skin :-) This is a pretty new addition to the Fair Trade line and I seriously can't get enough of it!

The Big Fix 15-in-1 Balm
Um, seriously love this product. I have 3 of them going right now. One I use on my feet only, on the heels and ankles where I get dry spots. I have another one I use for the rest of my body ;-) And then I have one in my hair product drawer because this is AWESOME for taming those little baby hairs that pop up all over and it smooths down my bangs (you don't need a ton though so use sparingly on your hair). Oh and I guess I forgot I have one in my purse too for emergencies, so 4 total ;-)

Do the Right Thing Smoothing Body Lotion SPF 15
The first thing that sold me on this was the SPF. You all know how I love my SPF! I have been using this everyday for the last month or so and I just love how soft it makes my skin. I still use regular SPF on top of this because I don't use enough lotion on my body to be totally covered SPF-wise all day. 

Fresh Approach Hydrating Body Cleanser

This is the first cleanser I used from the Fair Trade line and it's awesome! It really cleanses and makes my skin super soft and it doesn't have any exfoliating beads in it like the Change is Gonna Come cleanser so it's nice to switch it up a little bit. 

I really love that all of these products are fragrance-free so they won't interfere with whatever perfume or body spray you might use! And I do feel good knowing I'm helping to support a good cause!

Check out the rest of the Fair Trade products at www.mymarkstore.com/mtrost

2 comments:

  1. these products are completely amazing! i love the big fix and the body exfoliator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Big Fix is my Favorite!!! I use mine daily to keep my eyebrows in place; it is the best for that!!

    ReplyDelete