Friday, August 5, 2011

Fab Five Fave Drug Store Products

As much as I LOVE me some mark. products, I need to admit that I am a product junkie. I am. P.R.O.D.U.C.T. J.U.N.K.I.E.

And as much as I would love to be able to shop all the expensive brands at Sephora, the bottom line is I can't and quite frankly I don't need to. mark. offers a great line of affordable products that are in some cases way better than the stuff at Sephora. But I digress...

This blog post is all about my fave products that I can't stop buying whenever I go to Target/WalGreens/Walmart, etc. I just love them! Ugh, I am addicted what can I say. I just get this rush from walking into the beauty department at Target and picking up my favorite things. Some of them are cliche' products and some aren't but I don't care ;-)

The following five things always get me:


I heart Nivea products. I used to save my lunch money in high school to buy make-up instead of eating lunch and this was one of the products I would always buy because my mom said it was too expensive and I could use the Vaseline lotion like everyone else in my family. This lotion leaves my skin feeling so silky smooth and I love the smell. One whiff and I am back in high school all over again....but in a good way....

On to the next product:


Okay truth be told, this was a product that I had to learn to love. I love drama when it comes to my lashes and I had tried this a few times and really wasn't impressed. I didn't understand what the big deal was. BUT after several attempts I got it. My lashes were dark, and volumized and long in a couple swipes. Are there mascaras out there that are better? Yes, mark. Lash All You Want for example is waaaaayyyy better. However, for a fun drug store purchase at less than $5 this is a great everyday go to mascara. I personally love the waterproof version.

And next up....

This is another product that is a new addiction for me. I HATE Dr Pepper soda. Yuck-ola. BUT I kept reading about how everyone and their mom loves this lip smacker and how it tastes good and gives a hint of color. And wouldn't you know...they were right!!! It does kinda smell like the soda, but it mostly smells like cherry and it does give your lips a light pop of color. It's just over $1 and change and it's super moisturizing. Also, it reminds me of being in elementary school and middle school where I was first learning about make-up. Highly recommend picking this up, it will brighten your day. Promise.

Fab Find #4....

Love these. Love! They smell a little like cucumbers. They are not drying and don't leave residue. They really get rid of all the dirt and make-up on your face and they are 98.7% natural. Seriously what's not to love. I use these when I am too lazy to wash my face at night, or after a workout.

And last but not least...

Dear Aunt Lani, thank you thank you thank you thank you for introducing me to these in the 8th grade!!! I have tried a million and five (yes I counted) different eye make-up remover products, from the ridiculously expensive to the dirt cheap and I ALWAYS go back to these. Always. These little pads get waterproof make-up and regular make-up off my eyes like nobody's business. They do not sting or irritate my eyes like other products do. They are oil free so my eye lids are not all goobery. And I just think these are the best product out there for eye make-up removal. Around $5 or so at Target and so totally worth it!

So now get in your car and get to your nearest drugstore and shop away!!! What are some of your favorite drug store beauty finds???

No comments:

Post a Comment