Monday, August 22, 2011

The Monday Morning Review: Bright Colors and Mousse......

Happy Monday Morning!!!

So over the last week or so I have tried out a couple of new products that I thought I would share with you guys because I really, really like them!

The first is a new product from mark. It's this Fall's Super Flip Kit, comes with 9 eye shadows that are on trend for Fall and on the flip side is a face highlighter. mark. comes out with one of these every fall, and usually we have a Spring It Kit too. This Fall's Super Flip is a little different because it doesn't have any lip colors in it. Usually on the flip side of the eye colors are some lip colors. I personally really like the face highlighter better than the lips so I was super excited about this.


The cover of this one is pink, which of course I really like. Now I know some of you are looking at those colors and thinking, um yeah right not on me....I just want you to know that the colors are sheer, so you can make them as bright or subtle as you want. I am dying to use the yellow and the blue together but haven't figured out a look for that yet. The other colors are great neutrals and can be used to create any number of looks from basic to super-hot and smoky. Also loving the highlighter on the back, I used it this weekend at a wedding and I thought it gave me a pretty glow of color.

This product is not yet available to the general public, sooo...check out the end for a special offer ;-)

Next up is a product that was kind of an impulse buy (big surprise). Anyone who really knows me, knows that as much as I am loyal to many things, the one thing that I can't stay loyal to is mascara. I ALWAYS want to try the newest one out there and can't help myself when I see the displays.


This is Covergirl's new NatureLuxe Mousse Mascara. I got it in Very Black and I love it so much! I didn't really have high expectations for this, although Covergirl is my favorite drugstore brand ever since Nikki Taylor was their spokesperson (OMG gorgeous!). But okay, so why do I love this product??? Well I like the brush, and the color, and it feels so incredibly light on my lashes. I hate mascaras that make my lashes and eyes feel hard, and like I just want to close my eyes for a minute because my lashes hurt, do you know what I mean??? So yeah it volumizes my lashes and it looks great on. Definitely a day mascara or a casual mascara. For night or smoky eyes I still will go with something a little more dramatic.

The last product I have is something I have been wanting to try for awhile now but just forgot. It's the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation.

I have this in the lightest shade and it's awesome! I love the matte finish, I still added a little powder on my nose, chin and forehead because I don't like any shine at all ;-)

You don't need that much and I used a foundation brush to apply it. Coverage is really good and it lasts all day. I also wore this to the wedding this weekend and it held up perfectly.

***SPECIAL OFFER TIME***

If you want to get the new mark. Fall Super Flip, you can order it through me right now for $10. When it launches next month it will be $10 with a $20 purchase, but if you order through me right now, it will be $10 (plus whatever tax). Interested??? Leave a comment here or message me on Facebook to get yours now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment