Monday, September 26, 2011

Apologies and Make-Up Bag Essentials

Okay so first off I need to apologize. I normally do a Monday Morning Review post, but with the new job it's just not going to happen until later in the day. More like a Monday Afternoon Review ;-)

I have blogged about my fave products, and go-to products and products I love, love, love. But today I wanted to talk about a few products that are what I would call my "essential" items. Maybe my "first-aid kit" of make-up bag items, if you like.

I love reading magazine spreads about celebrities and their make-up must-haves, or the "What's in You Bag?" articles (side note: I have a You Tube Channel with a What's in Your Bag video. Side, side note: it's not that great but check it out anyway, it was the first video I have ever made.)

So to start, let's get a bag:

mark.'s new midi glam cosmetic bag (I love the color!) is a great basic size. It will fit easily in a tote, backpack, or purse. It also looks good by itself, carried as a clutch. It's a mid size bag so, not huge but bigger than the little bag for lip stuff only. It's plastic on the inside so if you have a spill it's easy to clean up.

Essential Item #1:

Cheat Sheets are oil blotting tissues that you can use throughout the day to get rid of excess oil and shine. This also helps to avoid powder overload (which looks stupid and wastes product). I actually have a pack of these in all 3 bags I use each week and it's usually the first thing to go in my make-up bag.

Essential Item #2

Make it Go Away wipes are awesome. Period. They can be used to wash your face at night in place of your cleanser. They remove eye make-up, I know people who have used them as baby wipes. I have used them when leaving the hair salon to get stray hair-dye spots off of my face. These are just a great essential item to have along because you never know when you might need them. In a pinch I also use these to clean my make-up brushes.

Essential Item #3:

Speaking of brushes...these are brand new for the holiday season (our regular ones have a brown case). These brushes are amazing. You would think that because they are small that they won't be as good, wrong! Each brush does exactly what it is supposed to do, and works just a well as a full size brush and in some cases better (concealer brush for example or the powder brush).

Essential Item #4:

Alright let me start off with addressing the obvious, these are not the best pair of tweezers out there. They aren't super sharp or pointy and they are small. BUT they can still pluck a random eyebrow hair, remove a sliver and I have been told that hairdressers can use them to remove hair splinters (which I didn't know you could get and I apologize if anyone has gotten one from me). And this product is a hook-up, so it can literally hook-up to another mark lip gloss, mascara, concealer, you name it. There are over 7500 hook-up combinations!

Essential Item #5:

mark. hook-up eye gel is perfect for taming unruly brows. I use this product everyday on my brows and it really keeps them in place and looking great! I hook it up to the tweezers above and carry it everywhere.

Essential Item #6:
All right, let's face it. We all have imperfections, I mean who doesn't have dark circles, the occasional zit or other spots they want to cover up?? This concealer is long lasting and it really covers. Anything you want to hide is easily hidden with the use of this little wonder. It is also a hook-up so you can add it to any other mark hook up product and simplify things!

BTW all hook-up products are full size, they just scale down the packaging to make it more portable.


So these are my staple/essential/required make-up items for my bag. Do you have any items you just can't leave home without??

All items listed above are available on my website at www.mymarkstore.com/mtrost

Love mark. products? Want to earn free product? Host a party, and believe me this ain't yo mama's make-up party, mark. parties are super fun, and chill, no pressure ;-) Want to earn a lifetime discount on all mark. products you use and love? Become a rep today! All it costs is $20 to start up and you get a 30% or more on all mark products plus a free eboutique to sell to your customers. Interested? Sign up on my website and enter referral code 9690254 and I will send you a free gift for signing up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment