Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Monday Morning Review: Tuesday Edition

Hello Fellow Beauty Addicts!! I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend :-)

In honor of back to school I am going to give you a book report this morning. But not any old regular lame book report, it's a BEAUTY BOOK REPORT!!!!

There are a couple of beauty books out there that I love and have used for a long time now that I wanted to share with you all.

The first one is Cindy Crawford's Basic Face:

This book is awesome. I got it from my mom when I was in high school (mid nineties) and it was a life saver. I was really into wearing make-up and my mom really didn't wear much so I had noooooo idea what I was doing and would just put stuff on to try and make it look like the pages of Seventeen magazine and inevitably it never did...

Cindy Crawford's Basic Face is a great way to get started with make-up or to re-connect with it. Cindy walks you through how to apply make-up from concealer to mascara, and she even goes through the different formulas (cream vs. powder). She gives you a couple of how to guides and tells you that make-up should never take more than 5 minutes and that it should enhance your natural face not disguise it. She talks about skin care, and the use of sunscreen (love!). Also she even tells you what tools you should have in your beauty bag.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves make-up and if you have a daughter who is just starting out this would be a great tool for her to have.

Another bonus, when I got this book way back in 1996 I noticed that Cindy co-wrote the book with some chick named Sonia Kashuk.......now I buy Sonia's make-up at Target :-) Ahhh, it's the little things.....

The next book is Sonia Kashuk's Real Beauty:


I just bought this book recently, and it's really great! Sonia walks you through how to apply every step from concealer and face make-up through eye make-up. She has models and actresses throughout the book with varying degrees of make-up on their faces and she tells you exactly what all each one of the models has on. She also talks about different formulas of make-up products and which skin type they would be good for.

I love the great photos of the all the ladies in this book, and I love even more the fact that they are all different ages and skin tones.

Another great bonus with this book is it comes with a DVD where you can watch Sonia in action and have her walk you through how to apply make-up.

Again this is something I would recommend for anyone who loves make-up, whether you've been doing this a long time or are just starting out. Also, for your daughter or niece or cousin who is just learning. Both of these books are great to have as references.

Okay friends, there you have it! Watch for tomorrow's blog: Fall Favorites!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment