Sunday, March 30, 2014

FabFitFun VIP Spring Edition 2014


I received my first ever FabFitFun box a week (or possibly two) ago, and am super impressed by what I got! For those of you who haven't heard of FabFitFun, it's a quarterly subscription service (that's 4 boxes per year), and it's $49.99 per box (so roughly $200 for the year). There are opportunities to refer friends and earn free boxes and they offered $5 off the spring box. I realize that $50 is a lot to spend on a "grab box" BUT it's only 4 times per year and the value in this box was $217.91, so that's actually a pretty good deal. IF you are interested in the types of products they send and IF you are open to trying new things. I am sure that there are boxes that are better than others (which is true of any subscription service) but it's a fun way to try new things at a reduced cost. Note: everyone's box is the same and you cancel at any time.


First item we received is a Cult Gaia Turband (retail $28). Mine is white with black polka dots and pink and red cherries. It has a wire in it so you can twist the ends around and secure it in your hair. The print is very retro to me, and in all honesty this is the one item I may not use much. But I do see a lot of potential for this once the weather gets warmer and cabin season starts.




Next up we received Cover FX SPF 30 Protection Primer (retail $38), Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Invisible Spray (retail $25) and Kai Perfume Oil (retail $48). I have not tried the Cover FX primer, but this has some pretty stellar reviews so I'll let you know. I used the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo a couple of times and I love it! It smells good without being over-powering and works well with my dark hair. The Kai perfume oil is by far my favorite thing in the box. Hands down. It's light and smells fresh (Tony says it smells like lilacs) and is just yummy. And because it's an oil, it lasts longer. The roller ball is not that big, but it seems to be lasting a long time. This is something I would totally purchase.


Then we received some "healthy stuff". HA! We were sent Kale and Spinach chips. Yeah. The Better Chip Spinach and Kale with Sea Salt (retail $1.99). I had to share these with my good friend Virginia as she is a health nut and these seemed right up her alley. She tried them first as I was extremely skeptical (my reaction was exactly "Why would they ruin potato chips?!") but she liked them so I tried a piece of one and they weren't bad. I think they would actually be good with dip or guacamole. I don't have the bag to show you, but this paper has a coupon on it for future purchase which is cool.

Next is the Merrithew Mini Stability Ball and DVD (retail $28.94). Haven't tried this yet but the DVD is 88 minutes long with a 45-48 minute work out in it. I'm open to trying new workouts so this should be fun.




Next up are the Dermasuri Deep Exfoliating Mit (retail $19.99) and the Level Naturals Shower Bombs (retail $7.99 for four). I haven't used the mit yet, but I have used the shower bombs. I gave myself a pedicure yesterday and used the shower bomb in the tub and it worked pretty good. They smell like Aveda. That's the best way I can describe it, and are very powerful with the menthol and eucalyptus scents so if you don't like those then you won't like these. I am curious to see how they work in the actual shower. I wouldn't take a bath with these but for a pedi or a shower I think they are great.


And finally, I had to share a picture of Diesel wearing the turband (He's looking at me like "You're posting this on your blog?!?"). Yep, he's such a good sport.

Are you a FabFitFun VIP? What do you think? Do you want to sign up now? Tell me in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I was curious about this box. Thanks for posting! Lilacs are my favorite fragrance. I might have to that perfume oil on my wish list :).

    Your pup is a good sport. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun subscription, I am going to get the summer box too. I was really impressed at the selection of items we got. While I may not love everything there are a couple of items that make it worth the price. You can pay up front for the year or be billed on a month to month basis just to see. I actually think this would make a fun gift for someone to receive a subscription to.

      Delete