Monday, March 17, 2014

What I'm loving right now - skin care and beauty


Sorry it's been awhile guys! Life has been busy and this winter has really gotten to me. BUT I think I (finally) see the sunlight at the end of the tunnel and hope to be back on my regular posting schedule :-)

I wanted to share a few things with you that I have been loving lately. None of them are extremely new to the market, and not really new to me (except one product) so let me share with you what they are and why I love them!

First up is the Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing and Makeup Remover Cleanser. I used this once about 3-ish years ago, and really liked it. Since my holy grail cleanser is being phased out by Olay, I thought I would try working this back into my routine to see if I still like it. And I am happy to report that it's so far so good! I love that it really cleanses and removes makeup without being too drying. There is a slight smell to this cleanser BUT it's not terrible and once you rinse your face the smell is gone. This is $8 at Target and you can get coupons online and if you have a smartphone you N-E-E-D the Cartwheel app for Target. The app itself is free and you can add coupons to use on the things you are already buying. I downloaded the app about 6 months ago and have saved over $100 so far.

Second in the line up is the Aveeno (okay technically it's third) Positively Radiant Moisturizer. Now I am perfectly happy with my moisturizer currently, but wanted to try something new and I had a coupon. And I really am enjoying this as well. It's $13 at Target not sure if this will replace my current fave, but time will tell. And if I'm being honest, I love Jennifer Aniston and she is the spokesperson for Aveeno so I kind of wanted to try it because of her. Judge me, I don't care.

Last up for skin care related items is the Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips. This is about $1.50 at Target and it's awesome. There is a slight rose scent to this product but it goes away and does not transfer to your food and beverages. What I like about this is that it seems to really form a moisture barrier over my lips and keep them moisturized for a long time. I prefer to wear this at night while I sleep but have found myself reaching for this during the day as well.

Finally, let's talk about make-up. The first product is the E.L.F. blush/bronzer duo. It's $3 at Target. And you need it in your life. The bronzer is great for contouring as well as bronzing your face, and it's extremely pigmented so you only need a little. And the blush is ultra flattering.

The second make-up product is the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation. It has SPF 20 and I wear it in the shade Classic Ivory. This was $11 at Target and right now there is a Cartwheel for 10% Neutrogena cosmetics. I love this. I was totally shocked by how pretty and natural this is. I've only been using it for about 4 days, but I'm feeling like this might be edging out my Cover Girl and Revlon foundations. Like for seriously. It's so pretty and really gives what I think of as a fresh face. The only crappy part is the color selection sucks. There's not a lot to offer the super pale and the super dark skin tones. And so many of the shades seem to be pink based. That aside I do really like it.

What are you loving right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment