Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Favorite Hair Styling Products


I thought I would take a break from make-up for a couple of posts and talk about hair. I will apologize in advance for the less-than-stellar photos, I'm having camera issues this week. I don't know a lot about styling my hair, but I do know that some products are better than others at achieving the look I go for. Below are my faves (and by faves I mean these are the only products I use.) I've tried a lot and these are my best of the best.



Heat Protectant. If you blow-dry, flat-iron, hot-roll, curling iron or wand your hair you HAVE to use a protecting spray. Have to. You are burning the ever-loving daylights out of your hair each time you use one of those tools so you need to protect it as best as you can so it doesn't fall out or burn. This is like sunscreen for your hair. Except it doesn't have actual sunscreen in it (although there are products like that on the market). Anyway, there are many heat protectant sprays on the market and this one from Tresseme is my fave. I love this brand and they make a ton of amazing products for CHEAP. You can purchase this at Target, Walmart, Walgreens,etc. And the spray nozzle does lock for traveling or just when you aren't using it. It smells good, but not overpowering and I can really tell a difference when I use this. My hair is softer and shinier and feels healthier.



Moroccan Oil. Also known as liquid gold. I wrote a post on this a few years ago, and I am still in love with this. Let me say it this way, if you have hair, you need this. It smells divine, and makes your hair shiny, and beautiful. All you need is a small pump and you run it through your hair (I do it when it's wet) focusing on the tips and working your way to the roots and ta-da! Magic. I kid you not. This is about a $40 bottle, but for my mid length hair this will last at least a year if not longer. When I had short hair, this was all I used on it. Amazing. Buy it. Done.



Hair spray. Almost everyone and their mama uses hair spray and no joke, this stuff is the bomb dot com. It's from mark. and it's called Locks In Place. It's a buildable formula and it has a mild, clean smell. It's $14 for the bottle, which is a little spendy, but it's worth it. So worth it. I use this on my hair when I curl it and it lasts for two to three days. Yeah, days. I said it. Awesome in a bottle.



And speaking of awesome in a bottle. This is the Batiste dry shampoo for darker hair. If you don't have blonde hair then you get the ashy, dandruff-y look that most dry shampoos give your hair. My hair is greasy, I don't need it looking like I have severe dandruff too, right? This is a fantastic product and has the strongest smell of the ones in this post, but it's still not over-powering. I only use this on two or three day hair and usually only have to use it around my face. They do make one for blonde hair too along with a ton of other options. I got mine from Ulta.


What are your go-to hair styling products? Have one I should try? Tell me in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment