Monday, February 10, 2014

Hair Care Basics: Shampoo & Conditioner


Great hair is a lot like great make-up in that it starts with the basics. If you don't have a great foundation of skin care or hair care, all the products in the world won't matter. You can't create a beautiful masterpiece on a bumpy, dry, ripped canvas right? So here's what I use to keep my hair in tip-top shape.




First thing's first. Shampoo. You need to find a formula that will work for your hair type. If you have fine, thin hair or color treated wavy hair, or coarse dry hair that makes a difference. Figure out what hair type you have and look for products that will enhance it. For me I bounce between three or four different shampoos, but the one I am using now is the Vidal Sassoon (let me just say I am so glad this brand is back with a vengeance, they have amazing products!) Color-Finity Shampoo. I color my hair at home and just recently had highlights put in so this is a must for me. My hair is dry as a bone and needs all the help it can get. I love the smell on this, it really lathers up nicely and rinses clean. 



Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. This can be used weekly as a treatment or in my case I use this everyday as a conditioner. Come summer I probably won't but between the winter apocalypse we are experiencing in Minnesota and the fact that I color my hair and heat style it, this is a great conditioner for my hair. I love the smell and after I shampoo I put this in and clip my hair up while I wash up and shave and then rinse this out. Also, it's like $3 at Target. 


Finally, I do use a weekly mask and this is my new favorite. It's the L'oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm. I got this for $6 at Target and this tub is full of product so this will last me awhile. I use this once a week in place of my conditioner and holy balls this makes a divine intervention like difference. It smells nice, but won't overpower you or any additional scented body products you use and it really makes my hair shiny and soft and looks and feels so much healthier. 


What are your fave hair basics? Tell me in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment