Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday Bonus: Spring Nail Polish Faves


Ah spring time. Flowers in bloom, green grass is growing, birds are chirping. It's my second fave season. And right now we can't see the flowers or the grass and the birds are staying the hell inside because this is Minnesota and spring is 10 degrees above zero with a chance of snow. The only thing chirping right now is the snow plow going in reverse.

That being said, I'm a dreamer, and right now I'm dreaming of spring. So to put us all in a better mood I am sharing with you my fave nail polish picks for spring.



Nudes! I love nude polish, maybe more this year than in years past. But these colors are just so fresh and clean and such a change of pace from the deeper, darker winter colors. Pictured above are Essie's Ballet Slippers and Zoya polishes in Rue, Brigette and Marley. I love the nudey purple hues from Zoya and Ballet Slippers is always a classic.



Brights and pastels are a classic spring trend. I am in love/borderline obsessed with what I am calling "Classic Movie Star Red" polish right now and Zoya's Carmen is a great choice! I also love classic pastels shown above in Zoya's Shelby and Blu (Um, not sure if it's intentional but Steel Magnolias is my fave movie of all time and Shelby's fave color was pink. Coincidence?), Essie's Mint Candy Apple and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On. I don't know what the deal is with my camera today, it's just not interested in focusing.



Last but not least, I love weird finishes on manicures, I was a huge fan of the OPI Black Shatter, and the Pixie Dust Collection from Zoya. And this is my new obsession, matte finish top coat. This one is from Wet N Wild and was 89 cents at Walgreens. So far my fave way to wear this is with black nail polish because it gives your nails a leather-like finish. Maybe not the most spring-y but I'm loving it anyway.

What are you faves for spring? Tell me in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment