Friday, February 14, 2014

Hair Styling Tools


As I've said before, I don't know a lot about styling my hair, but I know what I don't like and what I do. And above are my three favorite (read: only) tools for styling my hair. I used to religiously use hot rollers, then I cut my hair and haven't really gone back to that. Those are great and Conair makes some of the best, most affordable ones on the market. But before I get off track, let's talk about my fave tools. Hair styling tools that is.


First up is my flat iron. The Infinity Pro Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron. I love that this heats up fast, and really makes my hair shiny and straight. Tip: only run each section of your hair through the flat iron ONCE. Anymore than that really risks burning the sh#& out of your hair and will lead to breakage or literally burning your hair. Do small sections of an inch or less, depending on the hair type you have. 



Next up is my Chi Curling Iron. I don't know the exact name of this or exactly how big it is, as I got this through Avon rewards when I used to sell that. Sorry I don't have better info, I even tried searching for it but didn't find anything. But this is a popular style of curling iron, which are actually called wands or clip-less but I love this thing. It heats up in no time and gives my hair a long lasting curl (seriously with hair spray it lasts up to 3 days, longer if I wasn't too lazy to do touch ups).



And finally, which this should really be first as your hair should always be dry BEFORE you run it through a flat iron or curling iron/wand. I know there are some on the market that promise to dry and flatten your hair, and I know they say they're safe, but really if your hair is soaking wet and you run it through an iron, how is that not ruining your hair? Seriously. Just think about it. Anyway I digress yet again. This is Conair Cord Keeper dryer and I have had it for years (the words have rubbed off so you can't even read the sides anymore.) This has three settings and the cool-shot button that I use once my hair is totally dry I push down on that button and go through my hair quick. It's supposed to help with shine, and it's also convenient when it's hot outside to blast yourself in the face with cold air. If you have long hair and it's hot, you know what I'm talking about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment