Monday, January 13, 2014

Drugstore Must-Haves

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, there was a little girl who lived in Missouri. And that little girl LOVED her some make-up. Since her mom wasn't much for make-up the little girl loved to go to the PX or Walmart and drool over the Tinkerbell and Bonnebell displays. It was in those early years that my obsession or love of make-up began. And now a few decades later I would consider myself a make-up pro. Maybe not like a make-up artist level pro, but for the average chick, I'm pretty pro.

And as my browsing has taken me from the PX and Walmart to Sephora and beyond I have to say that the make-up at the local drugstore (in my world that means Target, Walmart and Walgreens) is pretty much where it's at. I love Sephora, I really do, BUT it's not really in my budget to shop there often. So I decided to put together a blog post featuring some of my faves from the drugstore for you. Whether you are new to make-up or a pro these products are fabulous!


It was so hard to narrow it down as there are so many great finds! And most of what I have is from Target.


Face faves: Revlon Colorstay for dry skin. I have been wearing this since 1995 and I still go back to this all the time. The formula is awesome and long-wearing and the medium coverage is fantastic.

Maybelling Fit Me concealer is great under the eyes and for covering up spots. Another great option is the Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda palette.

Sonia Kashuk Undetectable Creme Bronzer is so gorg! It's great on a variety of skin tones and blends like a dream. Love.

E.L.F. blush and contour duo is like $6 and it's fan-freakin-tastic. It's a total dupe for NARS Laguna and Orgasm and you will love it.

Pictured way up top, but randomly forgotten above is the Wet N Wild Blush in Pearlescent Pink (also a dupe for NARS Orgasm) and it's $1.99 at Walgreens.

And my fave face brushes are from Real Techniques (you have to shop online or at Ulta) but they are so amazing and affordable. And I love that they stand up on their own.


Moving on to eye products. This is the one area where I think there are some amazing products at the drugstore but this area also holds the most crap products at the drugstore and can take a little more trial and error to find the right stuff.

Eye shadow Faves: Loreal pigments (pictured is Amber Rush but the flash is reflecting off of it), Maybelline Color Tattoos (pictured is Bad to the Bronze), and the Wet N Wild Trios in Walking on Eggshells. All of the colors in these lines are awesome, the color tattoos are great on their own or as a base for other shadows. The Loreal pigments are beautiful and come in a variety of shades. And the Wet N Wild trios are ridiculously amazing for $2.

Eyeliner faves are the Maybelline Line Stilleto liquid eyeliner and the Rimmel Scandaleyes liner in nude. Line the inner rim of your lower lashes with a nude color to help look more awake and give the illusion of bigger eyes. And the Maybelline eyeliner is a great way to ease into liquid eyeliner or a quick way to do it if you are at pro-level ;-)

I didn't have any mascara to picture here. But the drugstore has a million and five awesomely fabulous mascaras. Loreal and Covergirl have some of the best mascaras (even better than what Sephora has to offer) and Maybelline does too.


Finally, lip products. Looking at all the lippies I have, I only have about 5 that are from Sephora and it's because they came in a kit with other stuff. But I really don't think you need to go any farther than the make-up section at Target or Walmart to find great lip products.

Pictured above are Wet N Wild, Revlon Lip Butter, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain and the Covergirl balm stick thing (don't know the name off the top of my head.) All of these are great. Maybelline makes awesome lipstick, so does Loreal and E.L.F. I mean really no matter the consistency, finish, etc. there is something for everyone here.

Tell me in the comments below what your fave drugstore finds are.

No comments:

Post a Comment