Friday, January 10, 2014

Perfect Palette TAG

So this post is a "TAG" that I have seen going around YouTube. Since I am kind of taking a break from my YouTube channel, I thought I would do this as a blog post. I hope it doesn't get toooooooo long....

Eye shadow is my favorite thing in the beauty department to look at, use and purchase, especially in palette form (you get so much for a better price!) So I thought this was the perfect opportunity for me to share some of my favorites. 

Here we go!




 1. Best Packaging: The Balm. I love their packaging. It's so funny and clever and most of the time it's very sleek. The palettes almost always have a huge mirror and the size of the shadows are HUGE! In the Balm Jovi palette I especially love that the lip and cheek stains (that are more of a balmy texture) have their own sectioned off cover so that the powder products don't get in with the creams.



2. Best Color Pay-Off: Wet N' Wild. These eye shadows are $2 and $5 (roughly) and the color pay off is ridiculous! The Fergie Collection shadows aren't as good as these ones, but they are okay for the price. But these shadows come in a wide variety of colors and you will have them forever because you only need a little bit. These are comparable to any of the high end shadows mentioned here. Great if you are on a budget or if you are just starting out. I love these.



3. Most Versatile: Urban Decay Naked Basics. I love Urban Decay - it is my favorite high-end brand of all time. The packaging, the names, the colors, I just love everything about their products.
But most versatile had to go to this little guy. You have everything you need to create the most basic eye to the most smoky eye. You can use the darker two shades to line your eyes, you can use a couple of the shades to do your brows with. You could even take the lightest shade, Venus, and highlight your face with it. And it's so small you can pretty much take it anywhere.



4. Best for Travel: Lorac Pro to Go. Any of these palettes would be good for travel, but I especially love this one. It's so tiny and unfolds to give you eye and cheek options. It does come with brushes, but I prefer my big brushes to these smaller ones. This palette also has everything you need top create a basic look to a dramatic look. You also get three cheek colors here so you can bronze, contour and blush your cheeks and you can use either of the huge lighter shadow shades for highlighting your face too. This is just so awesome, and because it's so tiny it won't take up a crap ton of room in your bag. It also has a good size mirror to do your makeup with because whenever you travel the mirrors are crap for doing your makeup. No matter where you go - why is that?

5. Biggest Regret: Too Faced Naked Eye*. I don't even have a picture to show you for this one, but this was the biggest waste of money in the history of ever. The color pay off sucked, there was major fall out and the colors were nothing special. I bought it because I wanted to try Too Faced eye shadows and this was not a good first impression. I like other products from this brand but have not bought any additional shadows as I am afraid that they will be just as craptastic as this palette was.


6. Best Color Names: Urban Decay. I mentioned above how much I love this brand and I think the names of their shadows are awesome. I mean seriously, Backdoor and Kinky? Not to mention the name of their palettes (Shattered Face, Book of Shadows, Smoked, Naked) are just awesome. Maybe not the funniest names, but I love them. One of their original lipsticks, Bruise, is what drew me in to the brand and I have been hooked ever since.



7. Least Used: I don't have a ton of palettes that I don't use, but when I look at what I do have these three are the least grabbed in my collection. The huge BH Cosmetics one has every color under the sun, but I don't use a lot of them and can get similar/the same colors in other palettes. The Stila in the Light palette is great, but again I have similar colors in other palettes that I like better. And the Sigma Resort palette got used a ton when I first got it, but when summer hit and I scaled down what I was using, this just was forgotten.


 8. Most Used, Most Loved, Desert Island: Lorac Pro Palette. I love this thing, I know it doesn't look super used, but I use this almost every day. I just find that the colors blend so easily and the color pay-off is amazing so I don't have to use a ton of the product to get the look I want. And I can do anything from a natural eye to an all out rockstar eye if I want. The mirror on this is fantastic because it's so huge and it's so skinny and tiny and sleek it hardly takes up any room at all. 

Okay so that's it! What are your favorites? I know this is a "TAG" so if you have a blog and want to do this, I tag you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment