Friday, January 3, 2014

Skin Care Series Finale: Moisturizer!

The final post in my skin care series.


A month or so ago I got this sample from Sephora (they had their VIB sale and I got a makeup bag full of samples plus the three free you get with every order, so I have a lot of stuff to try - which is awesome!)

And about a month ago I ran out of my most favorite moisturizer of all time (Olay Complete Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin) and so I decided to give this a shot. OMG. The Origins Plantscriptions SPF 25 Anti-Aging Cream. It's pretty much the bomb dot com. This stuff really moisturizes my face and isn't greasy, I don't notice a smell and it makes my skin feel magical. I don't know if this will work on people with oily or combo skin, although there is an oil-free version available. And this might be too heavy for me in the middle of summer, but we'll see. I just love it.

Not sure it will replace my Olay fave, but it's close.


Before I talk about my night cream, I want to give a shout out to the Target Up & Up brand of facial moisturizers. The one above with the pink cap is a dupe for the Olay one and since I had a coupon I tried it and love it (I still have it for when the Origins sample runs out).

Okay moving on to night cream. I was always (I mean like since I was 5) taught that you need a night cream. Always. And it's not okay to use the same moisturizer on your face at night as you do during the day. I know the jury is still out on this, but I personally think you could use whatever moisturizer works on your face regardless of what time of day it is. If it works, go with it.

But I digress. So I always have used a night cream. And this little jar of awesome has been my fave for about 8 years or more. It's the Night of Olay Firming Cream. And here's the skinny: it's $6, it works and it smells like my Nana. Bam. It's awesome, I love it. Try it.

So that concludes my skin care series. I hope it was helpful, entertaining and maybe you are going to try some new things. Or maybe not. I also should say that I always use some kind of lip balm in the morning and night. It varies depending on what I had a coupon for, but my go-to all time favorite is the Rosebud Salve.

No comments:

Post a Comment