Sunday, January 5, 2014

I'm an Influenster! And Jolly Vox Box Review Feat. NYC, Rimmel, Skinny Cow and More!





As you may have noticed the giant badge on the right of the screen, I am an Influenster! I'm pretty excited about it too ;-) My good friend Lindsey from Like It or Lurv It referred me and I was able to score a Vox Box right before Christmas! I was planning to blog about it before but with the holidays and the sinus infection from hell I didn't get to it. Below is my review of the products I received (these were sent to me free of charge to review and the opinions below are my own honest-to-baby-Jesus opinions.)


Above is an instagram pic of what my Vox Box looked like when I first got it (Sasha was pretty excited too!)


First off, the Skinny Cow chocolates are amazing. Seriously delicious and I can barely eat one pack. It came with six packs of 3 little squares and holy balls are they yummy. I have no idea if there are other flavors or not, but I will be purchasing these at the grocery store. They really satisfy that sweet craving and while I'm all about being healthy I love treats and chocolate just as much as the next girl.

We also got a pack of Puffs tissues with lotion and I have already purchased a pack of these from the dollar bins at Target. I always have a runny nose and these are great for in my car and purse and even in my pocket around the house. Super soft, they don't smell and they don't rip after one blow. I really like these.

And we received a roll of Mini Ducklings duck tape. So honestly I'm not that psyched about this. It's cute and all but I have no use for this. Maybe it's the design maybe not. It's sticky and it's pretty but I have no idea what I will use this for.



And finally we got make-up. OMG make-up. I received the Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer in Luna. These have been out in the UK for awhile and here in the US since earlier in 2013 and I heard a lot about these from Fleur DeForce's YouTube Channel as she loves these (and I love her videos.) So I was pumped to try it but the color is all kinds of weird for me. I love the formula, very long lasting. And no smell which is awesome because I hate when lip products smell. And maybe when I get less pale (because I never get tan) this won't be as weird. But I do plan on purchasing other colors to see if something might suit me better.

Last but not least is the NYC HD Color Trio Eye shadow in Long Beach Sands. These are great shadows. Comparable to other drugstore shadows but not as great as Urban Decay or Lorac shadows. I'm glad I was sent a neutral palette but because I have several (probably hundreds) other shades just like this I will probably not reach for this as much. But that said they wear great (I used a primer) and blend easily and with this particular group there was little to no fall out. I would be curious to try another color group just to see if they wear the same. And while I didn't purchase anything yet, I have tried other NYC products and their lip glosses and Sunny bronzer are some of my faves.

Tell me in the comments below if you have tried any of these products or if you want to try them after reading about them.


No comments:

Post a Comment