Saturday, January 25, 2014

Handbag-aholic's Annonymous


Today's post is all about one of my other obsessions. Hello. My name is Melissa and I am a handbag-aholic. I have been this way since 1985, and there's no end in sight. That being said I actually don't have many handbags. Maybe you are looking at that picture above and thinking, "Wow, that seems like a lot." But I only have like 3 other bags besides the ones pictured. I have a crap ton of tote bags, that are giant work, beach, travel totes but actual handbags aren't many.

Sasha and Diesel also appreciate a sweet handbag, so they had to get in on the action.



The handbags featured in this blog post are all from JustFab. I am a brand ambassador and a couple of these were acquired through the points I earned and a couple were purchased with my money. BUT all of the opinions here are my own. When I look for bags I try to look for things that will last for years and might be a trendy color but not a trendy style because I don't like to use them for a week and then get rid of them. I want a bag I can keep for the long haul.


This glorious purple bag is called the Producer. I love that it's Birkin-esque and I love that it's purple. What I don't love is how short the handles are, because at best this is an armpit bag. I will have to carry it in my hands or in the crook of my arm. Which is fine and I love this bag, I just need to be hands free sometimes. I love the size of this bag and think that it's classy enough to go to work and client meetings or the grocery store and happy hour. It also comes with a detachable strap.

Pictured above is Arrival in Navy blue. This is a hard structured tote and it's stunning. I love that this looks so much more expensive than it is and what you can't see here is that it has leopard lining. Leopard lining. Yes. Awesome right? This also a bag that needs to be hand carried, though it does come with a detachable strap. This bag is so luxe and the navy color is beautiful.



Above is Gilded in tan/nude/brown, not exactly sure of the color on this. I love how this looks like a Michael Kors bag. But it's a fraction of the price. It's a bit on the smaller side for me and doesn't have a ton of pockets like the bags above (which I didn't mention, but most bags from JustFab are awesome for pockets.) As you can see I like my bags to be both functional and fashionable as well as bags I can take to work and errands because I don't have time to change them out during the day.

And finally, this is Magic Kingdom in Nude. A warning, this bag is heavy. Like, really heavy when it's empty. I love it. But it's heavy. Again love the pockets and the neutral color. This obviously has a strap along with handles and I think this would actually be a good travel bag as you could get a crap ton of stuff in here and then have it as your purse when you arrive at your destination.

I love the bags I get from JustFab, I think they are affordable and a good value (members can purchase all styles for $39.95 and right now there is a sale going on where you can get two for $39.95 - mix shoes and handbags and other items too!)

Do you have a favorite bag? Are you also a handbag-aholic? Tell me in the comments. There's strength in numbers, we can give each other hope. Or really good shopping tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment