Sunday, October 18, 2015

A Healthy Journey Part Five - Results.

Hi Everyone! This is my fifth post in my Healthy Journey Series.

The results were/are awesome. I lost 15 pounds. Finally. I have been talking about doing that for longer than I can count right now. Fricking finally. But that wasn't all.


 (This is after the first 30 days. I was down a few pounds and starting to see muscle definition.)

(This is at the end of 60 days. Be jealous of my shirt, don't judge, I know you want one.)

I was super pumped about the weight loss. But I also felt better. See there's that word again, "feel". I was sleeping better, I felt better when I woke up and throughout the day. I had more energy and didn't feel as stressed out all the time.

I was thrilled with the results. About half way in I actually started following the meal plan and that's really when the transformation gained momentum. I was eating better, drinking less wine (sad, I know, but not really), both of those things coupled with the increased activity and better sleep really sold me on being healthier long term. I could see that this wasn't something to finish and then go back to my old ways. Why would I trade more energy and better sleep for feeling like shit and not sleeping great? I wouldn't. And I haven't.

So now that I had lost all of this weight, one of the things I did to help keep me committed to my new lifestyle was to get rid of all the clothes that were too big. No hanging on just in case. They were gone. I have gotten rid of 12 bags of clothes. I had to go out and buy new jeans and a couple of dresses for work but most of my tops still fit. I also had to buy new undergarments because those weren't working any more either. I also had to buy a new swimsuit (That was fun! Seriously.)

But, as you may be wondering, I started to wonder what next? What do I do when this 90 day program is over? Do it again? What else am I going to do?

Well thankfully Beach Body has a slew of other workout programs to choose from. I picked a couple and am working on those now. But I am finding myself wanting more. I want to challenge myself physically. What else can I do? Since completing P90X3 I have lost a few more pounds, which is great but it's not my end goal. So now what?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, happy to hear that you feel every bit as great as you look!

    ReplyDelete