Friday, October 23, 2015

A Healthy Journey Part Six - But Now What?

Hi Everyone! This is part six in my Healthy Journey Series.

I am feeling great, better than I have in a long time in fact. And I lost the weight I have been talking about losing for years. I still have some additional fitness goals I want to hit, but I want more than that. I have always had a secret love affair for the fitness industry.

(Diesel is very supportive of my fitness goals. Also, if you haven't tried PiYo, you're missing out.)

When I started college the second time (or maybe it was third, I don't know) my major was Exercise Science and Sports Nutrition. As I mentioned in a previous post I worked out like crazy in college and I liked how I was feeling. So when I was picking out a major I thought why not do this for a living? And then, I had to take Anatomy. Did you know there are roughly 900 gagillion bones and shizz in the human body?! And did you know that in order to pass that class you have to have it all memorized. Yeah...that didn't work out so I went back to my other passion, psychology. [In case you are wondering 9 years later I finally graduated with a double major in Psych. and Marketing. Yes nine years. No I don't have a PhD, I just like to take my time.]

But I have still always secretly envied those in the fitness world and have always wanted to be part of that. But I felt like I didn't fit in. As I said, I didn't play sports, I wasn't a naturally fit person so I just never felt right trying to insert myself somewhere I wasn't sure I belonged.

Now that I have started on this journey I feel that pull stronger than ever. I want to help other people, I want them to see that they can accomplish their goals and live a healthier life. If I can do this, anyone can do this.

I was offered the Beachbody Coaching opportunity and thought it made since to get a discount on Shakeology. I liked Shakeology, it tasted good, it was semi-filling and made me feel good about putting all kinds of good nutrients in my body at least once a day. But in terms of weight loss, it didn't really do much for me. Eating "clean" and incorporating more veggies and fruits with protein, healthy fats and carbs along with literally moving my ass each day is what did it for me. I know this product helps a lot of people curb their cravings for sweets but I am not a sweet eater (damn you potato chips!) so that didn't really matter to me. It's a great product, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't the key for me.

The key for me is the feeling. I love how I feel. That's what I want to share with people.

You may have read my post a few weeks ago about not believing in coincidence and that everything happens for a reason. (Go read it quick, it's short.) And I believe I am on this path for a reason. I believe that this theme in my life has never really gone away because I am truly meant to do something with it.

A couple of months ago I had the opportunity to participate in a local artist show and I got to meet some of the most amazing women (and a couple men) and one of them introduced me to a new opportunity. Something I had never even heard of and was really pretty skeptical about, but then I did some research (and by some I mean I watched an inappropriate amount of YouTube videos, read a shit ton of blogs, articles and went to A LOT of websites to find out more.) I basically was consumed trying to get all the information I could because I am certain this is something I am passionate about and want to share with everyone.

(Me and the amazing women from the fashion show I was in in August. If you like the fashions pictured, check out my friend's site here.)






No comments:

Post a Comment